Friday 25 October 2013

back to botnar.

So this is where my journey as a blacksmith all began, I started my apprenticeship at the Camelia Botnar foundation back in 2006, I was 19 had no real idea that Blacksmiths still existed let alone the endless  amount of cool things I would learn and have the opportunity of making whilst working there. 

Five years on and a degree under my belt ,I have returned to the foundation to work along side Tim Clement and Kat Hutchison. It's cool to be passing on the little bit of knowledge I have about my craft to the new generation of trainees coming through the door.
http://cameliabotnar.com 



Not only does the foundation have  great workshop facilities, it is located on a 750 acre  estate in Sussex...splendid.


 This job was a commission for a gate archway combo , the archway was around 7ft tall, had a 3ft opening to fit the gates and was 2ft in depth. The gate consisted of 2 halves, and I was given the challenge to design them and incorporate the ideas of a willow tree and a spiders web. The arch consisted of a lattice design, so that the customers could grow plants up the sides.







Finished and fitted, with some very happy customers .







No comments:

Post a Comment